At Ashburn Dental Care, we do more than just offer dental implants. We provide customized solutions for every smile using sustainable, innovative technology and techniques.
What Is a Dental Implant?
The purpose of a dental implant as a whole is to replace missing teeth with a manufactured tooth that looks, functions and lasts just as long as your natural one. Traditionally, a dental implant is comprised of three parts:
- The Implant Post: Made from titanium, the post is fused to the bone of your mouth, acting as the “root” for your new tooth and providing a stable foundation for your restoration.
- The Abutment: This piece of your dental implant is what attaches your new tooth to the implant post. It screws into the post and is capped by your fabricated dental crown.
- The Restoration: Usually a crown or bridge, this part of your implant is the visible part of your new tooth. It is designed to fit your bite and match your natural tooth color for a seamless appearance.
There are two main types of implants:
- Endosteal Implants: These implants screw into the jawbone and are the most common implant offered in dentistry.
- Subperiosteal Implants: Unlike their counterparts, the subperiosteal implants rest on top of the jawbone just beneath the gumline. This allows more flexibility for patients who do not have the prerequisite bone structure to support an endosteal implant.
While our dentist can perform both types of implants, Dr. Zia Rizvi goes the extra mile by using advanced digital technology and materials to plan, personalize and execute your implant procedure.
DIOnavi EcoDigital Dental Implant System
We use DIOnavi, a state-of-the-art implant system using DIO implant digital programing and equipment to provide our patients a comprehensive dental implant experience.
The DIOnavi system is a noninvasive, comfortable and efficient way to receive a dental implant in as little as two hours! Every part of the procedure is planned, managed and performed using digital software that takes impressions, predicts treatment outcomes and allows for customizable adjustments from our experienced dentist.
Additionally, this dental system uses a specialized dental implant plant post, called a UV active implant, to provide our patients with more efficient healing times.
UV Active Implants
The UV active implant is designed to work alongside a UV activator, which uses ultraviolet light (irradiation) to remove foreign material (bacteria, etc.) from the implant zone. This reduces the recovery time typically expected for traditional dental implants.
Is a UV Active Implant Through the DIOnavi EcoDigital Dental Implant System Right for You?
In most cases, a UV active implant is the perfect solution to restoring your smile. We recommend visiting our dental office to learn more about our dental implants in Ashburn, Virginia, and see if you are a candidate for this treatment. Contact us today at 703-858-1904.