We are pleased to feature CAD/CAM technology here at Ashburn Dental Care. CAD/CAM (computer-aided design/computer-aided manufacturing) is a highly versatile technology used in providing restorative treatments such as fillings, crowns and veneers. This state-of-the-art technology allows Dr. Zia Rizvi to design and create any single-tooth restoration the same day as your treatment, allowing you to leave our office with a renewed smile after just one appointment.
When you receive a treatment using CAD/CAM technology, our dentist will:
- Examine your teeth to determine the extent of the damage and create an appropriate treatment plan
- Prepare your teeth for treatment, including removing any weakened, damaged or decayed tooth material, before thoroughly cleaning the teeth
- Capture a digital picture of your mouth
- Use the CAD/CAM software to convert the picture into a 3D model on the computer screen
- Design your restoration based on the model
- Immediately mill your restoration from a block of tooth-colored material
This process can be completed very quickly, with the milling of the restoration taking only a few minutes to finish. After the restoration is ready, our dentist will check that it fits properly before bonding it into place.
We welcome you to call us at 703-858-1904 to schedule a consultation with our dentist and learn how CAD/CAM technology in Ashburn, Virginia, can benefit you!