CBCT imaging, also known as cone beam imaging, helps our dentist and team understand your oral health needs and provide your care. This advanced 3D imaging technology provides a more comprehensive understanding of your teeth and mouth than standard X-rays, including 3D reconstructions of your teeth, mouth, jaw, neck, ears, nose and throat. This detailed image allows Dr. Zia Rizvi to view your teeth and supporting oral structures in great detail and make more accurate diagnoses.
Cone beam imaging may be used in a number of diagnosis and treatment planning options, including:
- Analyzing dental and facial trauma
- Diagnosing endodontic problems and planning root canal treatments
- Diagnosing tooth decay and other problems
- Evaluating a TMJ disorder
- Evaluating the jaws and face
- Planning dental implant placement
- Planning and evaluating the progress of orthodontic treatments
- Viewing the head and neck as a comprehensive whole
- Visualizing abnormal teeth
After capturing an image of your teeth and mouth using CBCT technology, our dentist will review the image and discuss your mouth with you so that you can make a fully informed decision regarding your care.
We invite you to contact Ashburn Dental Care at 703-858-1904 to schedule an appointment and learn more about CBCT imaging in Ashburn, Virginia.