Dr. Zia Rizvi uses digital X-rays and digital impressions to provide you with more precise and effective care. Advanced digital technology helps ensure faster and more accurate diagnoses, a more comfortable experience at Ashburn Dental Care and treatments that meet your unique needs.
Digital X-rays allow our dentist and team to capture accurate images of your teeth and supporting structures quickly and comfortably, transmitting the images instantly to a nearby monitor so that we can provide you with a more accurate diagnosis and treatment plan. Digital X-rays are used to plan a wide range of procedures, including oral surgery procedures, root canal treatments, dental implants, orthodontic treatment and more. X-rays help diagnose a variety of dental problems, including:
- Tooth decay
- Developmental abnormalities
- Infection in the tooth nerves
- Bone loss
- Cysts, abscesses and tumors
- Improper tooth root positioning
- Fractures in teeth and in existing fillings
After making a diagnosis, our dentist may use digital impressions to provide your care. Traditional impressions can be messy, unpleasant and uncomfortable. A digital impression eliminates the mess and goop of traditional impressions and ensures that your restorations and appliances will fit your teeth and mouth perfectly. Benefits of digital impressions include:
- A versatile technology that can be used for creating restorations, such as dental crowns, as well as oral appliances and orthodontic aligners.
- A scanning process that can be stopped and started as needed to ensure your comfort.
- A faster impression process, giving you a more efficient appointment and less time in the dental chair.
To find out more about digital X-rays and impressions in Ashburn, Virginia, and to schedule a consultation with Dr. Rizvi, please contact our team at 703-858-1904.